Golden Hills School Websites
- What if I get lost and am late for class?
- When we get there on the first day, what do we do?
- When will we see what classes we have?
- Where is my locker?
- How much time do we have to get to the bus at the end of the day?
- Do we need indoor and outdoor shoes?
- How many kids are there in the school?
- How long do we get to switch classes?
- If you are in band, do they teach you how to play the instruments?
- How long is the bus ride from Carseland and what is the route?
- How many students are in grade 7?
1. What if I get lost in the first couple days and am late for class?
- For the first couple days, teachers are pretty good about being patient with new students. We don't expect you to know where everything is just from that little tour you had in June (if you were at the grade six barbecue). There is an online map that you can use to check things out from home (or from any Internet-linked computer). Teachers will relax a bit for the first couple days, so don't stress too much about getting lost. If you get lost, just ask a teacher how to get where you are trying to go. Teachers at Crowther are actually pretty helpful!
2. When we get there on the first day, what do we do?
- On the first day of school, you will come in the main doors (those are the doors by the bell tower). Once inside, you will see a bunch of kids crowding around the glass at the office. They are looking at the class lists. You need to look at these lists too to find out who your homeroom teacher is, and what classroom you need to go to. There will be many teachers in the hallway to help you find the room. They will probably ask you WHO your teacher is, and when you tell them, they will help you find the correct room. Once you've found the room, you can find a seat, and your homeroom teacher will answer all your questions from there!
3. When will we see what classes we have?
- Your homeroom teacher will give you your schedule on the first day of school after you find your homeroom.
4. Where is my locker?
- Your homeroom teacher will assign you your locker and give you a lock for it on the first day of school after you find your homeroom.
5. How much time do we have to get to the bus at 3:19?
- You will have to be quick, and be organized and prepared for the end of the day. There are only a few minutes to get out to the bus, but if you are prepared, you will be to your bus in plenty of time.
6. Do we need indoor and ourdoor shoes?
- No, but we ask that you help Shannon and our other custodians out by wiping your feet well when you enter the school.
7. How many kids are in the school?
- Generally we have about 530 students in our school.
8. How long do you get to switch classes?
- When you look at our schedule, you will see that you get 1 minutes to switch classes.
9. In band do that teach us how to play the instruments?
10. How long is the bus ride from Carseland and what is the route?
- The length of time depends on where you live. Your bus driver will contact you to let you know what time you will be picked up. Students from Carseland report bus rides ranging from 20 minutes to 50 minutes.
11. How many students are in grade 7?
- Generally there are between 180 and 200 students in grade seven.